Films from the Plenary Sessions will be available soon on the EAAPwebsite www.eaap.org ONLY for EAAP Individual Members
Information how to apply to become an Individual Member is available here
PDF presentations and book of abstracts are available here
The goal of this event is to bring science closer to practice and vice-versa.
Industry Days will be composed from three parts:
- Session “Industry Day” in the main part of the EAAP meeting (Thursday afternoon); More details will be presented in the scientific programme of the meeting.
- Session “Local Industry Day” dedicated mostly for the Polish industry (Friday) but every person interested in discussion about presented topics is kindly invited. This session will be simultaneously translated to Polish and English;
- Industry exhibition on Thursday and Friday, which will be a complementary element to sessions.
LOCAL INDUSTRY DAY
(Friday, September 4th
Main building (23), Aula I
|0830 – 1230
||Monitoring as a tool for cattle and pig herds management
Chairman and discussion’s moderator: Zygmunt Maciej Kowalski
- Monitoring of correctness of dairy cow feeding in the transition period - Zygmunt Maciej Kowalski, Department of Animal Nutrition and Dietetics, University of Agriculture in Krakow, Poland.
- Monitoring of welfare and health of dairy cows - Christopher Harold Knight, Institute of Veterinary Clinical and Animal Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- African Swine Fever in Europe - monitoring and control of the spreading - Zygmunt Pejsak , Veterinary Institute in Pulawy, Poland
- Monitoring of endemic diseases in pig herds prof. dr. Dominiek Maes, Ghent University, Belgium
|1400 – 1800
||Genomic selection in practice
Chairman and discussion’s moderator: Ignacy Misztal
- Introduction to genomic selection: current knowledge how it works, costs and benefits, and troublespots for commercial implementations - Ignacy Misztal, University of Georgia, USA
- Challenges to genomic evaluation in dairy - Tom J. Lawlor, Holstein Association USA, Brattleboro, VT, USA
- Lessons from practical implementation of genomic evaluation across species - Daniela Lourenco, University of Georgia, USA
- Current status of genomic selection in Polish dairy cattle breeding - Marcin Pszczoła, Poznan University of Life Science, Poland